And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship,
to the breaking of bread and the prayers. ~ Acts 2:42
At the Grace Presbyterian Church of Lookout Mountain our desire is to glorify and enjoy our Triune God. We believe God calls us to be a loving, joyful, biblically Reformed family of Christians. We seek to fulfill this calling by trusting and obeying God through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in reliance upon the ordinary means of grace. We strive to pursue this calling not only as individuals, but also as a corporate body of Jesus Christ.
To pursue this calling, Grace tries to focus on the activities of worship, nurture, and mission, which we express in these five points:
- Seeking the truth of God’s Word as our only authority for faith and practice
- Pursuing the Lord’s Day as a delight in worship, fellowship, and works of necessity and mercy
- Devoting our lives to our God and to one another as God’s Covenant People
- Equipping the saints for a life of service to God, His people and the watching world
- Showing forth the gospel in word and deed locally and globally
Grace is a member congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) and the Tennessee Valley Presbytery. Although the PCA was only established in 1973, its doctrinal and ecclesiastical heritage goes back to the 16th century Protestant Reformation and to the creeds of the early Church (The Apostles’ Creed and The Nicene Creed).
Our beliefs are summarized in the Westminster Standards, which consists of the Confession of Faith, the Larger Catechism and the Shorter Catechism.